Saturday, August 3, 2013

My first blog

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  (This is nothing new.)  I have wanted to start a blog for a while, and now seems a better time than before.


Three days ago I transitioned from the old 'Legacy' Smugmug Account to the 'New' Smugmug :-)  The promise is that more can be done by those with less.  (Less computer skill that is.)  Count me in.  It will take me a while to get everything organized and how I would like to see it, but the start has been promising.  (If you didn't arrive on this page via my Smugmug page please check it out here!)

Today was a good day.  My grandsons Luke and Ben came to visit and spent some time with my wife and I while their parents shopped.  They are so much fun!


Luke

Angela with Ben

Around mid-day I enjoyed watching Dr Guli Hamarash on Kurdish TV.  (I have three wonderful children of my own, but I'm honored that Guli calls me 'Dad' and I'm glad to call her my 'daughter'.) She lives in north-east Iraq in the city of Sulaimaniya.  I've been there twice and can't wait to get back to see her and my Kurdish friends again.  (This is not a high quality photo - it was taken from my computer screen with an iPhone:)

Dr Guli Hamarash

This afternoon my wife and I went shopping for a 'Tux'.  (I have to look my best for my son's wedding in 3 week's time!)  I might post a photo of my James Bond impersonation later on!

This evening it was time to work.  The assignment was a wedding video shoot.  I had the easy task of operating the second camera.  Although I've done a lot of photography, I'm a new hand at video.  Phil is an experienced and capable videographer.  On this shoot we actually ran 4 cameras.  A Sony NEX-FS700U, 2 Nikon D800's and a D7000.  

Tomorrow I have to drive a group to Annapolis, MD.  But my bus-driving days are coming to an end!  As from August 18th I will be a full-time photographer :-)




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Feel free to stop by www.lifewithlukeblog2.blogspot.com - I mostly post photos, and don't update it as much as I should, but it's there!

    The boys had a great time today - they love their grandma and grandad!

    Can't wait to see you in your tux! :)

    ReplyDelete